Date: 16th June 2009 at 4:23pm
Written by:

Australian Chris Coyne, along with Galatasaray`s former Liverpool winger Harry Kewell among others, will miss out on tomorrow`s nothing-to-play-for World Cup qualifier against Japan.

More than 70,000 people are expected to fill the stadium to watch a game in which the Aussie`s need only a point to top their group.

Dutch Manager Pim Verbeek is sensibly refusing to play anyone with yellow cards or niggling injuries. The much-talked-about Coyne is an automatic rule-out as he will be rested.

The Socceroos already secured automatic qualification to the 2010 competition earlier this month, booking a place via the Asian and Oceania section of the competition.

“We play with a total new defence like last Wednesday (against Bahrain) which was already more or less a complete new defence if you compare it with the Qatar game,” Verbeek said ahead of the game.

Coyne has emerged as an international regular for his country over the past year which has put him at loggerheads with Colchester boss Paul Lambert. The former Luton man is one of the club`s most expensive ever signings.

He has been linked with a move to Sydney FC and Perth Glory, where his brother Jamie is skipper.

Paul Lambert awaits Coyne`s return from the qualifiers to discuss his future at the club.

The Scot this week says he will not promise a man who is becoming increasingly popular in his own country an automatic starting spot with Colchester.

Is Coyne about to depart, after all, or can you see a U-turn from U’s boss Lambert?

Let us know with a comment below, or comment on this article in the forum. Not yet a member? Don’t panic, click on the banner below to join in.




We want to know YOUR thoughts


VITAL COLCHESTER; YOUR VOICE, YOUR CHOICE!


VITAL COLCHESTER IS 100% UNOFFICIAL – FOR THE FANS, BY THE FANS!









 

One Reply to “No Risks: Coyne Out Of Aussie Game”

  • It`s a bad season when you stand more chance of selection for the national side than your club.

Comments are closed.