U’s boss Paul Lambert has told of how the club have failed to sign seven strikers so far this summer.
But the Scotsman is still confident of tyeing up deals for two front-man before the summer transfer window reaches it climax.
The club have only confirmed a bid for Grant Holt, last season’s League Two goalscoring chart-topper, although a number of other players have been rumoured.
Lambert told the EADT after Saturday’s pre-season win at Tiptree United: ‘I need two strikers. We’ve already been in for seven, and we haven’t got any of them.’
The former Celtic hero confirmed that the U’s may try to bring in one young striker, with a more experienced one also likely.
‘It’s not easy. It might be that we try and get one younger striker, who is hungry to do well, and an older more experienced one. But I’m not just going to bring in a couple just for the sake of it,’ he confirmed.
So who do you think will arrived to bolster the U’s front-line?
Let us know with a comment below, or comment on this article in the forum. Not yet a member? Don’t panic, click on the banner below to join in.
We want to know YOUR thoughts…
VITAL COLCHESTER; YOUR VOICE, YOUR CHOICE!
VITAL COLCHESTER IS 100% UNOFFICIAL – FOR THE FANS, BY THE FANS!